Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Your mama is the one paying me

Sean Badgley's pledge to you: Whatever I write & whenever I write; it is with the explicit purpose of entertaining you, the reader, with an emotionally evocative and high quality product.~S

I finally have figured out how to defeat the virus lurking within my computer, so at long last I can again broadcast my meaningless and unsolicited opinions over the figurative airwaves of the internet. I, of course, am merely kidding about my opinions being meaningless...I am pretty sure there isn't anything out there more compelling or entertaining...at least nothing I've yet read. There is so much meaningless bullshit out there, so many blogs and so much information without purpose or direction. One minute your out to accomplish some arbitrary goal the next your confessing about how you couldn't make it happen...come on now, I could be reading a book, if you're gonna fuck up at least make me laugh or feel something.

Am I still not being evil? Of course. I committed. One of my favorite songs is Gone Til November, by my favorite artist, Wyclef Jean. The song is a love letter to his soul mate about him going away for a long time, and that is exactly how I feel. I am no longer hung up on the title or the image of righteousness that at first I found so alluring. You see, those I labeled as 'good' and those I labeled as 'evil' are not as easily catagorized as it would at first seem. My bestest of friends, Jenny, is a definitive member of the council of evil. If Nick ever perishes, and for his short stint behind bars, she in fact took on the interim chairmanship and profitability increased eight percent! (which came as a surprise, b/c I was unaware that I was selling anything)

Why is J on the Council of E? Because she is pragmatic, unapologetic, and incredibly decisive. I could write a book about Jennifer, however, to keep it short, Jenny has decided to do her, she does her at every moment, and she looks good doing it. She's like Nicholas Cage's character in face/off (before the face comes off) she's a super villain of the highest order who takes lots of plunder, makes few mistakes and offers no apologies. Plus, I once saw Jenny drop a fool that'd been foolish enough to turn state's evidence. Also, she once advised a disturbed roommate that suicide might just be right for some people. She routinely helps me plot and perfect plans ranging from robbery to lust, has defrauded the Governments of both the United States and Russia (long after the Cold War ended) and occasionally beds virgins to keep it real (but then again who doesn't). That being said (with the utmost respect) I trust her more than your mama. Why?

Because Jenny is out to get paid and your mama is the one paying me.

You dig? I'll assume not. The above is not simply a smart ass comment about your mom's lust for my rare combination of experienced touch and willing smile. Your mom pays me, so I can never trust her, but Jenny's out to get paid and still offers me advice, returns all my calls, and has been there for every major jam I've ever been in.

So what's all this rambling got to do with the Council of Good or Evil? Well, you see, many 'good' people aren't simply good, they are like you, me and the rest of the sinners. They are out to get theres in there own way, only they get their jollies from martyrdom and other forms of self sacrifice. Sooooo, if these people are just out for their own jollies, doesn't that make them nearly as corrupt as those out to make that paper? Absolutely. However they do good and so many others choose to do wrong, so we turn a blind eye to their compulsion. However, I think I'd rather get a nickel from a man out to make a dollar than get a dollar from a man out to give away a fortune.

Point, counter-point. I had a close friend. He made it on to my good council without a proper screening process. He seemed a decent dude, but then something strange happened. Every time said person was in a leadership position, I was left in a bad situation. I cannot go into the details of this, because I believe in praising public and punishing private, but I was astounded by the trend and it still bothers me to some degree.

Why are many of the good people so unreliable?

I still don't know, but I do know one important fact. I read it in Machiavelli's masterpiece The Prince. "Most men judge by the eye, not by the hand". It means that the only way you can know what someone's made of is to take the time and risk to reach out and touch them. It also means most people won't make the effort and it also means that if you're the one doing the touching then you might get hurt. For my part, I've touched plenty of evil and found something redeeming every time. Parenthetically, every time I lay hands on some good, I am typically disappointed.

So am I giving up?

Fuck no. I gave my name and my word to this fucking rebellion and just because I don't like the way it's being run or that some of the members of the alliance are bullshit doesn't mean it's time to quit. Most of the raiding party that attacked the Death Star didn't come back alive, but that doesn't matter...we've got an empire to defeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment