Saturday, January 24, 2009

Good advice. warning: this bolg contains rough truths and tender lies

My other Chairman needs some face time.

The celebration of the toast subsides and we all look about. As has been mentioned previously, my birthday was attended most fastidiously by my council of Evil. I could not in good conscious leave out a bit of comedy and transcendence for them to groove on.

Flash forward...just a bit

Alex and I smoke a cigarette outside and catch up.

"So should I just tell 'em what happened or get money." Alex was in the middle of inquiring his idea for what amounts to an insurance scam.

"I think you should get money," Nick says, as if Fifty had just showed up at my party.

Nick appears on my porch holding a sweet underground CD he burned (underground = underground hip/hop...squares). I thank him for it and give him a hug. Nick is my chairman for the Council of Evil. Nick has never missed a single birthday of mine since we were eighteen. ...That's six years, sweet Christ. Have I mentioned the reliability of evil?

I'm gonna be clear on a few things, right quick. First off, I've done Nick wrong. He'll never read this and I'll never say more, but it needs to be said all the same, and I'll regret it as long as his heart beats and my blood pumps. That's first off. Secondly, Nick takes every available opportunity to use me that comes his way. Let me elaborate.

On one particular Birthday, Nick decided he was gonna hook it up (exclamation point). So me and another close friend, who resides firmly and steadfastly on the Council of Good, went to Winter Park to be treated right. Nick instructed us not to bring any cash whatsoever, as he had recently gotten a healthy credit dose. Long story short, I peered through the windows of a cab about to take off (filled with chicks and also occupied by Nick) and saw my friend sleeping upon the bar and thus bailed out of the cab. .

Nick did not.

We were stranded 36.8 miles from our hotel room.

I retrieved my inebriated friend and we made it work.

Nick stranded us, the worst sin a bar-friend can commit. It does not matter what's been said, it does not matter what's been done and it does not matter the sacrifice involved...no man should be left behind. I wish some perpetually clothed people understood this simple fact, but then I suppose some wishes will never come to fruition.

Back to my birthday party. My group enters the bar, and Nick hails me (and me alone) over. He hastily enters his g/f's PIN # into the ATM and it distributes a twenty.

....only a twenty, I know this fool must be in love.

He asks what I want and I respond, "Jay-mo" thinking of better days. The weakness of Evil can be as touching as it is inconvenient.

Nick once said, "You should just pray that you find your bed tonight, before the things that you do today destroy you as a person"

At times, I wish I had taken his advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment